The Family Medicine / Med-Peds Physician delivers quality primary medical care in an efficient manner with emphasis on health promotion/disease prevention, collaborates with the clinical team of providers and allied health professionals and participates in the development of new programs, review of existing programs, and quality improvement activities.
1. Provide primary medical care to patients, including collecting and recording patient information in the EMR in a thorough and timely manner; prescribing or administering treatment; ordering, performing, and interpreting tests and analyzing records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' conditions; monitoring patients' conditions and progress and reevaluating treatments as necessary; explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients; advising patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention; referring patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary; and participating in hospital admission and follow-up of patients, making arrangement for services as needed
2. Coordinate work with other members of the care team, including nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers
3. Provide emergency medical treatment to WFH patients as needed, and provide emergency medical treatment as requested or appropriate to non-WFH patients who are at or near a location where the physician is present for the purpose of providing services to WFH patients
4. Provide medical consultation and collaborative practice with certified nurse practitioners and cooperate in the development and implementation of nurse practitioner guidelines and patient management protocols
5. Train residents, medical students, and other health care professionals
6. Participate in newborn rounding and after-hours call rotation as needed
7. Implement clinical department policies, protocols, and procedures that are in compliance with the most current, accepted professional standards, as well the standards of The Joint Commission
8. Participate in activities to increase appropriate utilization of available services by patients of Westside Family Healthcare, Inc.
9. Participate in staff education and professional development activities, including continuing education credit requirements to maintain licensure and Basic Life Support certification
10. Participate in WFH performance improvement programs and in community education and outreach programs offered by Westside
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduate of an accredited school of medicine
2. Completion of an appropriate accredited medical residency program
3. Licensure to practice medicine in Delaware
4. Basic life support certification
5. Ability to travel between worksites as needed
6. Certification or eligibility for certification by an applicable American Medical Specialty Board
7. Eligibility for staff privileges to local hospitals associate with WFH
8. Full-time experience in the practice of medicine in direct primary patient care, both outpatient and inpatient
PREFERRED OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Spanish language skills
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match, Life, Disability, CME, PTO, Malpractice Insurance, UpToDate Subscription, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.